Saturday, December 6, 2014

2015 Library Challenge


I decided for my first book challenge, I'd join the 2015 Library Challenge hosted at Book Journey

Our local library is amazing. The staff is so friendly and they run great programs for the whole family. They host story times for kids, a book club for teens and a teen advisory board, family movies on Sundays, and meet-and-greet events with local authors.  Children can also read to dogs and practice their reading skills at the same time in the Paws-to-Read program.  Patrons can check out books, movies, and e-readers.  My favorite amenity of our library (one I utilize regularly) is that if the local library does not have a book in-house that a patron wants or needs, but it's at another library in the network, the book can be requested and it will be sent over to the patron's local library by courier.  Then the book can be picked it up when it's available.  This is a wonderful service to the community, and it definitely helps people who live in more rural areas have access to a world of books! 

For the 2015 Challenge, I am going to commit to reading 1 book a month from our local library.  I know this seems like a low number, but I'll be reading other books as well. This number is just from the library.  Our family is there weekly, so I hope to exceed this number! 

I will update this post as I finish books to keep track of the titles I read from my library.

4 comments:

  1. You library does sound wonderful! So glad you are joining in the challenge! Joining in and participating in challenges is a good way to pick up on some new readers. Did you see the first book of the year challenge I have going on? I think it would be a fun fit for you and it is an easy one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see it! I am going to join that one too. Thank you so much for following my blog!

      Delete
  2. Yay to supporting your local library! Alas mine is fairly limited on Christian fiction. I recommend books every month -- I'm allowed to request five titles a month -- and so far they have purchased everything I've recommended. Slowly but surely I'm building up their Christian fiction section. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Kav! We definitely support the library. We'd be broke otherwise. LOL! Thanks for stopping by and following me!

      Delete